The online booking system is for private passengers and their vehicles only. Bookings for freight, commercial vehicles, vans or large vehicles (Motorhomes etc.) must be made over the phone or in person.
Please note that you must declare your correct vehicle type prior to travel. Failure to do so may result in decline of carriage.
Tel: 661661 (IOM), 08722 992 992* (UK) or 0044 8722 992 992* (ROI & Outside UK)
Fax: 01624 645627
e-mail: [email protected]
*Calls to this number are charged at 11 pence per minute, plus your telephone company’s access charge.
Road Transport Regulations
• The passing by Tynwald of the Road Transport Regulations 2018 in July 2018 has meant that the Road Transport Act 2001 now provides for the licensing of Goods Vehicles with effect from 1st January 2019.
• This is a reminder that all vehicles which are being used on a public highway commercially for the carriage of goods (“a Goods Vehicle”) with a maximum laden weight of over 3,500kg will need to be registered or licensed with the RTLC.
• Manx operators who operate in the Isle of Man and overseas will be required to obtain an Operator Licence.
• Operator Licence application forms are available on the RTLC website www.gov.im/rtlc or by request to the RTLC office.
• If you have any questions regarding the Road Transport Regulations 2018, please contact the RTLC at [email protected] or on 01624 685476.